Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ceastra Preview

I have a little preview of 4 of the album tracks ready for anyone interested.

I've tossed the intro, main theme, one of the older tracks and the closing piece into a little quicktime movie that you can access here:

http://gallery.me.com/jerence/100155

These are at least assembled to a form that I feel comfortable about sharing... not a final product / arrangement and definitely not a final mix / master. But enuf for a sneak preview.

Not sure how to classify these songs - definitely not toe-tappers. Or head-bangers. And not elevator music. Kinda like me in that way - too unique to categorize.

"Intro" is a whirlwind of drones, samples, clips from my past and sets the stage for the piece.
Ceastra is the recurring theme in the suite, and one of the oldest of my compositions, dating back to somewhere in like 1975. It fades out as it transitions into the next piece which is not included here. Same is true for "To Mind" on dual 12 string guitars, which recalls my first love. Aw. The last piece is newer, from the Summer of 2007. It's more orchestrally complex, with a string quartet, full orchestra, and 4 part choir filling out the sweet chord progressions which are almost completely what this song is made up of.


So the rest of the music is still being worked on in some form or another... some pieces only have a skeleton of their final form, others are recorded and just need mixing, while others need re-recording and a bit more editing and multiple takes on the trickier stuff. All pieces still need their transitions worked on. It is all still WAY fun doing this.

Still shooting for a release date of 11-11-11.

After that, I will be at peace. ;-)

Just in case I don't make it to that point, I wanted to get at least this rough-cut out there in the interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment